What is Ceramic Coating
There’s no doubt that, over time, your car’s paint can begin to look a little less spiffy than it once did. Your car is exposed to things like the sun, bugs, gas, dust, and other types of debris each time you drive it, which means that its paint is being damaged slowly. Bummer, right? But what if there were a way to protect it? Luckily for you, there is!
Exclus1ve Detaling offers ceramic coating for your vehicle’s paint that can help protect and restore your ride’s paint job, so it’ll shine the same way it did when you drove it off the lot. Offering professional car detailing services in Las Vegas, including interior and exterior detailing, paint corrections, and ceramic coating. Ceramic coatings provide many benefits for your ride.
What Is Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic coating is a semi-permanent or permanent (depending on the type) of coating that is applied to the exterior of your vehicle to protect against external paint damage.
It is a nanoscopic paint treatment that’s applied in liquid form, but cures to form a hard layer over your vehicle’s paint. It’s typically composed of silicon dioxide (SiO2), which is often sourced from natural materials, including quartz and sand. When the chemicals bond with your car’s paint, they create a hydrophobic (water-repelling) effect.
5 Benefits of Ceramic Coatings
Protects Your Paint
Every time you drive your car, you’re exposing the paint to various contaminants that can cause damage. Ceramic coating provides a strong, protective surface on your car’s body that works to block all foreign matter from causing damage to your car. It can withstand a significant amount of damage without showing any visible effects on your car, such as fading, oxidation, and chemical staining.
Ceramic coating can also protect your car from harmful UV rays, which can lead to oxidation. This is especially helpful if you park your car outside.
Keeps Your Car Cleaner
With the hard surface that ceramic coating provides, any dirt or debris just rolls off the surface, rather than getting stuck within the tiny pockets of your vehicle’s body. This means that your car stays cleaner and even when it does need a wash, getting all that dirt off takes so much less time than it normally would!
Lasts Longer Than Other Paint Protection Methods
Traditional paint coatings such as wax wear off much faster than ceramic coatings. When you choose a ceramic coating from Exclus1ve Detaling you can expect it to last for years, without wearing off after being exposed to weather, components of the atmosphere, bird droppings, or other possible contaminants.
One of the best parts about ceramic coating is that it’s a very cost effective option for vehicle owners. While the investment may be a bit larger up front, it will cost you less in the long-run because you won’t have to spend as much money on things like wax, car washes, and other exterior detailing services.
Who doesn’t love the look of a shiny new car? With ceramic coating, not only is your vehicle’s surface protected, but the fresh coating leaves a beautiful, candy-like gloss for all to admire. It will bring the best out of your original paint job, restoring your car’s look to when you drove it for the first time!
Exclus1ve Detaling is proud to provide premier car detailing services throughout Las Vegas, including ceramic coating. If your car’s paint has seen better days, reach out to us for a free quote today.
Ceramic Coating & Paint Correction
- Conduct inspection on the exterior portion of the vehicle. Document all exterior imperfections (30mins)
- Test paint thickness with paint meter gauge(5mins)
- Rinse vehicle with deionized water (15mins)
- Remove wax, sealants and any glaze on the vehicle, rinse again(15mins)
- Apply iron removal to painted surfaces, rinse again(15mins)
- Clay bar treatment to remove micro surface contaminates, rinse again(30mins)
- Foam cannon, PH balanced soap, 2 bucket method with grit guard inserts, wash exterior surface with new microfiber towel, rinse again(25mins)
- Blow dry vehicle to include all cracks and crevices(15mins)
- Tape off all trim, molding, badges and decals(30mins)
- Apply isopropyl(70%) to exterior panels(5mins)
- Apply touch up paint(if applicable)(5-60mins)
- Compound each panel to remove light scratchs, marring, holograms and swirl marks utilizing Meguiars M100 or M105( if needed)(9-13hours)
- Polish each panel to remove any hazing and enhance gloss effect, Meguiars M205(3-5hours)
- Remove tape(10mins)
- Rinse vehicle again and blow dry to remove any dust(10mins)
- Conduct inspection of paint correction, document results
- Apply 1st coat of 9H ceramic coating one panel at a time(90mins)
- Apply 2nd coat of 9H ceramic coating 12 hours after first coat(90mins)
- Allow vehicle to cure in temperature control environment(24-48hours)
- Conduct final inspection(30mins)